Cairo, Foot sprain is known as the ligament, which connects the different foot bones in the joint, which is a strong and flexible tissue linked to the bones. (Ankle) Although the human foot bears the weight of the whole person, (Physiotherapy).
First, let’s understand what Ankle sprain is.
Ankle Sprain is torn or twist of ligament. Injury of torn ligaments of the foot is a relatively uncommon injuries, and rupture of ligaments due to a wrong movement in the foot. which leads to the extension of the ligaments to a large extent resulting in rupture of these ligaments.
Degrees of Sprained Ankle:
The incidence of rupture of the ligaments is dividing into three different degrees depending on the severity of the case. The following is a statement of these scores:
In this case, some collagen fibers are tear in the foot, resulting in pain due to local inflammation in the foot injury area.
The damage to the collagen fibers in the foot at this level is greater than the previous grade, accompanied by more severe pain, a wider inflammatory response, and swelling in the affected area of the foot.
This causes a severe rupture of the collagen fibers leading to a complete rupture of the ligaments and separation from the joint, resulting in severe pain, joint instability and the occurrence of joint effusion. Perform surgery to correct damage to the joint.
Symptoms of Ankle Sprain
Accompanying the injury of torn leg ligaments a number of different symptoms and signs, including the following:
- Feeling very painful in the area around the foot arch. This pain can be feeling at the bottom, upper, or on the sides of the foot. Often, the pain is greater than the pain caused by a broken bone.
- The appearance of bruises on the foot, swelling.
- The warmth of the affected area, feeling pain when touched.
- Feeling of pain when moving, or inability to complete movement.
- The inability to put more weight on the foot, and this situation is more common in severe injuries.